Chicken and Pork Lettuce WrapsPosted in Chinese on December 17th, 2009 by Van Santos
In my quest to try new things I decided that Lettuce Wraps was going to be the next dish I was going to master. Well, not master but give a shot.
I’ve united a number of recipes to create this dish, here we go
1/2 lb Chicken Breast tenders (sliced thinly)
1/2 lb Ground pork
1″ of fresh ginger, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
4 large shiitake mushrooms
salt and pepper (for taste)
Canola Oil (or Vegetable oil)
1 orange for zest
4 Green Onions, very thinly sliced
3 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Green Leaf Lettuce
1) In a large pan heat up 2 to 4 tablespoons of oil – I happened to have a wok so I went with that.
2) Add in Chicken and Pork and stir to prevent sticking and burning. Cook for 2 minutes.
3) Add mushrooms, stir and cook for an additional two minutes.
4) Add garlic and ginger, start and cook for a minute.
5) Add bell pepper and green onions, stir cook for two more minutes (less if you want your peppers to be firm)
6) Add Hoisin sauce, salt and pepper to taste and stir until the sauce covers everything
And you get…
Again, this is another restaurant quality dish. While one may thing the hoisin sauce would be the “key” to the dish – and don’t get me wrong, it would not be the same without it – the true secret is the ginger!
This recipe will make enough for roughly 6 to 8 wraps. If you like Chinese food this is quick and easy and it leaving you wanting more.