Tina has introduced me to the wonders of dry white wine vinegar. I’ve made a few changes to this knock-out recipe that Tina Culbertson posted a few days back. Let us get to it!
Required Items for Fettuccini di Tina
2 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced yellow onion
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup cold butter, sliced
1 1/2 cups chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/8 cup thin sliced green onion
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon shallot
3 boneless skinless chicken breast
extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
8 oz Fettuccini
First up, get the water for your Fettuccini up and boiling. Once you have a rolling boil going, add salt and pasta. Cook until al dente and set aside (or if you are really good, time it perfectly while the other items are cooking)
Next up the chicken… brush with olive oil and grill to your liking. Depending on your available tools this may be an actual grill or stove top. Set aside and cover (or time for the sauce).
Now the sauce…
1) Saute garlic and yellow onion in 2 Tbs. butter in a large skillet over medium heat the garlic begins to turn slightly brown.
2) Stir in White Wine Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Water and increase heat to medium-high to reduce your mixture by half.
3) Reduce heat to low and stir in cold butter, one slice at a time.
4) Stir in tomatoes, basil, parsley, green onion, kosher salt, and shallot and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
And I give you Chicken di Tina.
Tina, thank you SO much for a wonderful dining experience. I’ve tasted this flavor a number of times and wondered how to pull it off, now I have an understanding. Frankly, the sauce alone could be used for pasta along.
It was THAT GOOD.
The original recipe called for Goat Cheese to be used as a topping but, yeah, I forgot to throw some on at serving time. It didn’t matter as the dish rocked!
- Kitchen Scrap Lasagna
- Bacon and Tomato pasta
- Pasta Bolognese over Egg Noodles
- Indian Butter Chicken Over Basmati Rice
- Spicy Fettucini Alfredo with Crab