Spicy Fettucini Alfredo with CrabPosted in Main Course, Pasta, Seafood on December 27th, 2009 by Van Santos
With the scallops from last week fresh in mind I wanted to branch out and do something with Crab. After talking with a friend I decided a spicy, Cajun-esque, Fettucini Alfredo was the dish of choice.
Here is the hit list for rather easy dish to make…
1 lb crab meat (lobster tail could also work, I think…)
1 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons of Hot Sauce
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
2 cups of heavy cream
½ minced shallot
¼ minced yellow onion
2 finely chopped green onion
¼ cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
½ lb of cooked fettucini
Salt and Pepper to taste
Finely chopped dill and parsley for plating
Here ya go…
1) Melt the butter in a large skillet and sauté the crab meat for roughly 3 minutes over a medium flame
2) Add salt and pepper to taste, add your shallot, green and yellow onions and cook for 2 minutes
3) Stir in hot and Worcestershire sauces, stir and cook for a minute – allowing the flavors to be fused with the contents already in the pan
4) Increase heat to medium-high and add cream and cheese, stir and cook for 6 minutes allowing the cream to thicken
5) Mix your crab and cream sauce with the cooked fettucini and you are done!
If you love Alfredo, you enjoy this dish.
The mix of Hot Sauce and Worcestershire didn’t make sense to me. I questioned my friend when he made the suggestion but what I realized was the Worcestershire sauce cuts spicy effects of the Hot sauce, leaving a very subtle kick.
The sauce wasn’t overly rich, or so I thought. If one wanted to create a dish that had thicker sauce I would suggest adding more cheese.