Needed for the sauce:
1 cups grated carrots
1/2 large red onion, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
1 shallot, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon dried basil flakes
1/2 6-ounce can tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup red wine
1 tbsp, 1 tsp Worcestershire
salt, pepper to taste
1 28-ounce cans whole tomatoes
1/2 cup half-n-half
Fresh Parmesan cheese
Let us get right to it!
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add grated carrots, onions and shallot and cook for three minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook for a few minutes until brown.
- Mix in oregano and basil.
- When the meat is browned and combined with other ingredients add tomato paste and heat.
- Add garlic and stir to combine.
- Add red wine and stir together.
- Add Worcestershire and stir.
- Add canned tomatoes.
- Finally add in half-n-half, stir, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
And there you have it, you are done! Bolognese sauce over Egg Pasta
Enjoyable dish, one that seems to get better after the sauce has sat for a few days. Make some of the kick-ass garlic bread and you are ready to go.