Avocado and Crab Stuffed MushroomsPosted in Seafood on April 12th, 2010 by Van Santos
This past weekend the wife and I were on the road and, as a result, aside from the luxurious steak dinner at Ruth’s Chris, we basically had nothing much but fast food. So, as I arrived home early yesterday evening I wanted to jump into the kitchen and make something healthy. The result is my newly created Avocado and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
1. 3/4th cup of heavy whipping cream
2. 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
3. 1 cup of spinach, chopped
4. 2 tsp of worchestire sauce
5. 1/2 tsp of sea salt
6. 1 tsp of freshly cracked black pepper
7. Pinch of Onion powder
8. 2 half cups of fresh crab meat (claws)
9. 2 half cups of Mozzarella, shredded
10. 2 Large Portobello mushrooms
11. 1 Tomato, diced
12. 1 Avocado
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350.
2) Mix breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and onion powder
3) Add cream, worchestire sauce and mix
4) Add spinach, 1 half cup of crab meat and 1 half cup of Mozzarella. Mix. This will give you a nice consistency for the stuffing, which will allow you to create a nice stuffing patty for your mushrooms.
5) Place your stuffing in your mushroom caps, top with the remaining crab meat, cheese and tomatoes. Cut and spoon out avocado meat onto the mushrooms.
6) Bake for 25 mins at 350.
Serve and enjoy!