The other evening I wanted Tilapia, so I thought it was time to do a baked dish…
For this you’ll require:
10 to 12 red potatoes, quartered
2 fresh Tilapia fillets
Freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 head of Endive (also know as Escarole), torn
2 tsp of lemon juice
Here you go:
1. First, heat your olive oil in a medium pan. When it starts to shimmer, add your red potatoes. Add dill, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste sauté until they begin to brown, then remove and place in a bowl.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 365. While your oven is heating, put your Endive in the pan you did your potatoes in, cover, and sauté over medium heat for roughly 5 minutes. Add your oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Now add the tilapia fillets and lemon juice and heat on each side for no more than a minute.
4. Place foil on a cookie sheet, on one side place your tilapia and on the other side mix your endive and potatoes and bake for roughly 10 minutes. Keep your pan for the next step!
5. Remove from the oven, add salt and pepper to your pan (no need for additional oil, you should be ok to accomplish what is needed) and over a very high flame quickly brown the tilapia on each side. This will sear in the pepper/salt taste, giving you a nice brown color, with drying out the fish.
6. Plate and Enjoy!
The garlic, endive and potatoes all play well together, and the lemon pulls the entire dish together! Very enjoyable and very quick to do.
And the next dish? Well, Tuesday we’ll have Kale Pizza!